Where can I download the StumbleBar?
If you want to have the StumbleBar easily accessible no matter where you are on the web, please visit our Downloads page here where you can find links to install our various add-ons and extensions.
Do I have to install a toolbar to use StumbleUpon?
Nope! You can start stumbling as soon as you login to StumbleUpon through the black StumbleBar at the top of your page. Just click the “Stumble!” button to start discovering new web pages.
What do all the different icons on the StumbleBar do?
The StumbleBar is your gateway to exploring the Web! Let’s break down the StumbleBar’s different buttons. Buttons on the various browser StumbleBars may vary slightly in appearance and options.
Starting from the left:
1. The List button allows you to add Stumbles to existing Lists or create new Lists.
2. The Share button allows you to add a personal message and share a web page you’ve Stumbled with a follower on StumbleUpon or your friends via email, Facebook or Twitter.
3. The Interest button will let you pick what to Stumble. Choose a specific Interest, or a mode such as
Activity, Trending, Photos, or Videos to filter your Stumbles.
4.The Dislike button is your tool to tell what web pages you dislike. This will help us learn what kind of stuff not to recommend to you.
5. The Dislike button drop-down allows you to open the Dislike menu and pick a specific reason why you do not like a web page. The reasons you can choose include:
- Not for Me when a web page is not in-line with your Interests (don’t worry, you are only rating the individual article or web page).
- Seen Page Already if you have seen the web page already or the same content hosted on a different web page (examples: news articles taken verbatim from a news web pages, photos taken from a photo web page, re-uploaded videos on YouTube, online games re-hosted on another server, etc. Critique, satire, remixes of content from other pages are acceptable and should not be flagged).
- Page Does Not Load when a web page appears to be broken or a 404.
- Report as Spam should be used for content with no value for you or any other member. You may use this option for Stumbles that are unsolicited requests to register, look suspicious or contain scams.
-Report Wrong Topic If the page is not in the correct Interest you can report it and suggest a better Interest for it to be in.
- Block This Site to block an entire domain, which means you will no longer receive any pages from that domain again. You can unblock the domain later if you change your mind from your “Stumbles” tab in your Settings pages.
6. The Stumble button will take you to your next recommendation.
8. The Notifications button will show a number when you have pending shares, messages or updates for your account. Clicking this button will open the Activity Center where you can see your notifications and Shares.
9. The Profile button will take you back to your profile page.