We respect content owners’ rights and uphold them on our site. When you use StumbleUpon, you are also respecting these rights by agreeing to the following terms:
StumbleUpon doesn’t own “Content” that you comment on, add, or otherwise make available on StumbleUpon, but to be able to legally provide you with and promote the Services, we have to have certain rights to use such Content in connection with the Services, as set forth below.
- By adding any Content on StumbleUpon, you hereby grant to us license to use, copy, perform, display, create derivative works of, and distribute such Content.
- Additionally, by posting on StumbleUpon and making your Content available to others (“Third Parties”) via RSS distribution, you hereby grant to all Third Parties license (with the right to sublicense through unlimited levels of sublicensees) to copy, display, and distribute such Content.
- You should only upload Content to the Services that you are comfortable sharing with others. Other users of StumbleUpon will be able to view any Content you post to StumbleUpon, subject to your limited ability to prevent access to your Content by changing your account preferences and settings.
- You will not post content or take any actions on StumbleUpon that infringes or violates someone else’s rights or otherwise violates the law.
- We reserve the right to remove content (including websites) that we determine in our sole discretion are unlawful, fraudulent, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene or otherwise objectionable.
- If you select a username for your account we reserve the right to remove or reclaim it if we believe appropriate
- Any account posting or hosting objectionable content or recommending objectionable websites is subject to termination.
- We reserve the right to remove content that we determine in our sole discretion is primarily intended to promote a product or service.
- You agree to not remove, obscure, or alter StumbleUpon’s copyright notice, trademarks, or other proprietary rights notices affixed to or contained within this service.
Report a Trademark Infringement
If you feel the username of a StumbleUpon member is illegally using your registered trademark, you may report a Claim of Trademark Infringement. In your claim, make sure you include the following information:
1) The username of the StumbleUpon account infringing your trademark and the web address for their Profile page.
2) Your company name and domain address.
3) Your registered trademark number for the trademark you are filing the claim.
4) Your contact information: first and last name, title, address, phone, fax, your company domain email address.
5) The account you’d like us to transfer your registered trademarked username to. (If you don’t have an account on StumbleUpon already, please create one here. We will transfer the username to this account. Please note that the account must be registered under an email address that belongs to your company’s domain.)
Please submit your Claim of Trademark Infringement to StumbleUpon Support and make sure you select “Report Abuse - Trademark/Copyright/Other" from the “What are you writing to us about?” menu.
StumbleUpon reserves the right to reject any content that we deem contrary to our philosophy. If a trademarked account is suspected to be used for commercial or promotional intent, we reserve the right to deny the transfer of account ownership due to potential breach of terms of service.
Report Copyright Infringement
If you are a content owner and you feel someone is infringing on your rights, you may report a Claim of Copyright Infringement. In your claim, please provide the following information:
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest.
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed.
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Services.
- Your address, telephone number, and e-mail address.
- A written statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
Please submit your Claim of Copyright Infringement to StumbleUpon Support and make sure you select “Report Abuse - Trademark/Copyright/Other” from the “What are you writing to us about?” menu.
Report Unauthorized Use of the StumbleUpon Trademark or Logo
If you notice any unauthorized use of the StumbleUpon name or logo, such as username, product sold on a website, avatar, etc. you may report it to us via our Feedback Form.